In the event of fire:
- Pull the fire alarm if one is available and start an orderly evacuation (even for small fires: a closed room can reach 1500 degrees within three minutes).
- If you are trained in the use of portable extinguishers, and it is safe to do so, attempt to put out the fire.
- If the fire is too large for the use of a portable extinguisher, don't consider trying to extinguish it yourself. Evacuate the room and close the door.
- From a safe location, call the University Police at 911 [TTY: (706) 542-1188] immediately.
In the event of fire alarm activations:
- Notify building officials that you have heard a fire alarm activation.
- Call the University Police at 911 [TTY: (706) 542-1188] to report the exact location of the fire alarm.