Bomb threats usually come by telephone. If you receive such a call, remain calm and elicit as much information as possible from the caller.
Ask the following:
- When will the bomb explode?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- Did you or do you know who placed the bomb?
- Why did they place the bomb?
- What is your address?
- What is your name?
Call the University Police immediately at 911 [TTY: (706) 542-1188] to give the information you have obtained. It would be helpful to describe the caller's voice, any background noises you heard, and the exact wording of the message.
Other tips to remember:
- Notify an official at the building you are in.
- Do Not touch suspicious packages --- inform the proper authorities and let them decide what should be done.