The University of Georgia Police Department in accordance with federal law provides a log of fire incidents reported on campus.
Date and Time
09/25/2023 5:00 p.m
Several paper door signs were found to have small burn marks on the bottom edge, no other damages reported
Small fire from burned food in a microwave, minor damages reported to the interior of the microwave
Small fire from cooktop believed to have suffered an electrical malfunction, no other damages or injuries reported
University Village Building E
Small fire contained to an electric cooktop, no injuries or other damages reported
Small fire caused by incense stick caused minor damage to a desk top, a resident received a minor burn to the hand while extinguishing the flame.
Officers responded to fire caused by a towel that fell onto a hotplate, damages reported to a dresser, no injuries reported.
University Village Building A
Damage to several surfaces from intentionally set fires.
University Village Building B
Items left on stovetop burned causing minor damages to small electric grill, spatula and towel
Fire from electrical component, isolated fire damage, extensive damage from sprinkler water
Fire intentionally set in porcelain sink bowl, no damages occurred
Mary Lyndon Hall
Hat and scarf left near lamp caught fire, no other damages reported.
Food in pot on stovetop burned causing smoke and fire alarm
Fire in heating unit, water and smoke damages reported.
University Village Building K
Grease fire on stove top, no damages reported
Fire in pot on stove, smoke and heat damage to adjacent wall.
Flame from candle damaged speaker, no injuries reported
University Village T
Grease fire on stove, no damage or injury reported
Fire in trash container, no injuries or damages reported
Cardboard tube ignited by burning incense, no damage reported
Family Housing Building H
Fire on stove top from burned food, damage to stove
Candle packaging caught fire, no damage reported
Small fire from electrical outlet