This is an update to the UGA Police Department Timely Warning sent to the community in the early morning hours of 07/21/2022.
UGA Police have identified 22-year-old Winder, Georgia resident Nigel T. Harvey as the individual responsible for firing the shots in the area of Baxter Street and Finley Street.
Detectives have obtained arrest warrants for Harvey on the following charges:
- Aggravated Assault (1 count, felony)
- Weapon on School Grounds (1 count, felony)
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (1 count, felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon (1 count, felony)
- Discharging a Firearm Near a Public Highway or Street (1 count, misdemeanor)
Harvey has no affiliation with UGA. His current whereabouts are unknown, and law enforcement officers are actively seeking him. Anyone with information related to this incident or the whereabouts of Harvey is asked to contact the UGA Police Department at 706-542-2200 as soon as possible.